Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fabulous Fifty-One

Today I am officially an old lady, at least for the next six months. Well, according to my husband I am, lol! You see I'm six months older than Gary so he always calls me his "old lady" especially during the six months when age wise I am one digit older than him.

Age has never been something that has bothered me. Thinking back the only time I ever thought twice about a birthday it didn't even revolve around my birthday. It was my oldest son's birthday and it didn't bother me, but it did kind of take me by surprise. The year A.J. turned 23 I remember thinking, "Oh my gosh, I have a 23 year old kid. I can't have a 23 year old child, I don't feel like I'm old enough to have a kid that old!"

To me age is just a number. Life happens and I just roll with it!

Not too long ago I was with a group of women and we were just talking about some random things. One of the ladies said during the last year she took a picture every day to have a record of what her life was like that year. That got me to thinking. I have been wanting to blog more, but somehow I just don't get around to blogging like I want to. So for my fabulous 51st year I am going to try to write my thoughts down every day. I'm making no promises, that I'll actually blog daily, but I'm hoping to at least make a short note on the calender about the events of the day or my thoughts and at some point during the week get it in print in my blog. We'll see what happens.

If you'd like to see a recap of my life in photos take a peek at my facebook photo album My First 51 Years. Anyone can view this album.


No comments:

Post a Comment